Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a couple of questions as well....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a couple of questions as well....

Does anyone know where the "Male" and "Female" buttons (from the initial screen) are located, and what format they are in? I want to change them.

Also, is there any way to a) add sounds when the leader pics come up? (It might be cool to have the leader say "Greetings" or some such in their native tongues when pulled up on the Diplomacy screen!) and b) to have two pics, loaded up with the above Male and Female buttons? There must be a way, but my SLICS skills are certainly not up to the task!

Finally, can anyone give me the names of about twenty cities from the Holy Roman Empire?

Thanks!

Just use names of cities in Germany, Czech Republic and Austria, and their near-bordering regions.

Comment

I suppose I should have been more specific: which cities were important in the Holy Roman Empire? For example, the capital was Aachen, which I don't believe exists anymore.

Hey, I have another question: In the Harlan Graphics Mod, every time I enter the Industrial Age, the computer tells me that it is the Diamond Age. Is it possible to change this, and if so...How?

Comment

The Industrial Age problem with Harlan's mod has been fixed in the Apolyton Pack so you might want to use that.

And I'm not an expert on the holy Roman Empire but I do know that Aachen still exists.

Comment

John:
          Don't know much about the Holy Roman Empire. Couldn't tell ya about the "male/female" buttons...haven't looked into that.
          But the sounds, that's different. I've just organized a big folder full of sound files that I was thinking of useing at some point in CTP, maybe. And I was just looking at some SLIC last week, wanting to add a sound specifying what civ a unit is when you click on it, which can be done, as well as an automatic entering of diplomacy when you click on *whatever* so I think that can be done. You'd need however many .wav files in whatever language, added to "sounds," and then the SLIC sode in the appropriate file to trigger the wav file when you enter diplomacy. But I don't know if it's possible to specify a civ for the sound--I mean, I know Civ2 had a general sound when you entered diplomacy, but I haven't noticed that in CTP. And CTP is pretty closeminded and random (and don't get me started ) when it comes to diplomacy. I haven't checked, however, but I'd guess the best you could have is AI types, not specific civs....But don't quote me in your sig on that
          Of course, I'm far from a SLIC expert, so I may be way off base here.
          Existence is Futile.

Comment

I would suggest the following cities

Aachen
            Wien(Vienna)
            Regensburg
            Basel
            Praha(Prague)
            Zürich(Zurich)
            Worms
            Bremen
            Hamburg
            Salzburg
            Ulm
            Firenze(Florence)
            Milano(Milan)
            Trier
            Köln(Cologne)
            Turino(Turin)
            Nürnberg(Nuremberg)
            München(Munich)
            Braunschweig(Brunswick)
            Verona

Male leader could be Frederick Barbarossa

Comment

Aachen still exists, sometimes it's called Aix-la-Chappelle, because that's what the French call it.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJKirk on 11-28-1999 06:11 PM
                Aachen still exists, sometimes it's called Aix-la-Chappelle, because that's what the French call it.
                Aix-la-Chapelle (only one 'p')

Apolyton QuickStart for CTP PBEM

Comment

Je suis désolé

Comment

Thanks to everyone who helped out with the Holy Roman Empire thing... It helped a lot!

As to the problem I'm having with Harlan's mod; can it be changed without resorting to CD's mod? How so?

Thanks again!

Comment

In age.txt search for the first appearance of AGE_NAME_DIAMOND and change it to AGE_NAME_INDUSTRIAL. Then open ldl_str.txt and add a line saying AGE_NAME_INDUSTRIAL "Industrial"

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X