how to defend against conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to defend against conversion

So, my cities have all gotten infected by, or converted by clerics from opposing civ.'s. The question is, how can I prevent this in the future, and what can I do about it now? The manual conveniently describes each unit, but not how to defend against them.:

City walls will gives you 50% bonus vs the clerics attempts at converting. Also other subversive units can detect the clerics, and other terror units can detect the infectors. Once detected they can be easily killed or kicked out
    :)

Comment

un-converting cities

Thanks for your ideas about conversion prevention. But what if cities do fall under the cloud of other clerics. There is that little "ankh" symbol next to each city that has been converted. Do I need to worry about that? Do I need ot unconvert those cities, if so...how?
      Also, do other subversive units need to be in adjacent tiles to spot foreign clerics, or on the SAME tile. I had built city walls first, but the cities were still converted.
      thanks

Comment

Chack the intelligence screen nder diplomacy to discover how much is being stoled by the civ who converted, from thatyou can see whether it is worth unconverting. You'll also have trouble with happiness in those cities if you attack the converting player.

You can unconvert them using the reform order on most militarty units.

The other units which spot the clerics need to have them in their sight range. Diplomats are good for this as they have a sight range of 2.

Comment

Re: un-converting cities

Originally posted by sklurfeld
          I had built city walls first, but the cities were still converted.
          Because as mentioned they just halve the chance of a successfull conversion.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
          X