Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SLIC, Mesage Boxes, & Stopping Trespassing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLIC, Mesage Boxes, & Stopping Trespassing...

Hi.
    I have been attempting to prevent the AI civs from Trespassing and need suggestions. (Please see my diplomacy thread for more info.) What I need to know is can I use, say, for example

// N: WAIS added (I'll leave your lands if we're Allied, we're not fighting
    // anyone else, and I have no damn reason to be here)
    if(some_my_incurions
    and (yes_cease_fire or yes_alliance)
    and not my_worst_enemy
    and zero_at_war
    and not yes_war
    and not hot_war_prep
    and not cold_war )
    {
    i_will_leave_his_lands
    }
    to stop WAIS (Wandering AI Syndrome)? If so, where do I put it? If not, can it go into a message box that tells you the AI is trespassing? If so, how do I do that?
    Thanks.

N.
    Existence is Futile.

Nordicus,

I am not an SLIC or FLI person so I can't help much. I do know there is not a one-to-one relationship between SLIC and FLIs. SLIC has a set number of constants(don't know what they are actually called) which you can work with. There is a list of them out there but I don't remember where it is. I think I have a copy of the ones for v1.2, if so, I will email it to you. Look at scripts.slc (default gamedata dir, I think) to see how they work. Basically no documentation, it is all trial and error. If there is some constants defined for use with diplomacy somehow you could probably get it to work. Also, if there was constants relating to Civs attitudes that might do something.

Don
    Don,
    CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

Nordicus,

They are called functions, not constants, and they use variables. I have emailed all the v1.2 functions & variables to you. As well as some SLIC documentation from Joe Ramsey. I also sent the v1.1 stuff in case that helps out. I would suggest looking at the stuff in PowerSLICs. There is a lot of work in it which goes way past what you find in the standard files.

Don
      Don,
      CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

Hey, Don, thanks a lot, man.
        I'm gonna go take a look at that as soon as I check the other thread here.

Thank you!

Later.

N.
        Existence is Futile.

Comment

Working...
        X