How to flag a race?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to flag a race?

So I recall in CivII one could create a tech with a No/No prereq (as apposed to Nil/Nil) and then no one could research it. In addition you could make it such that you never got tech from taking a city and it could not be stolen.

In this manner you could create a technology such as not_an_elf... and give it to all the fantasy races that were not elves. Then you make all elven units go obsolete when you get this technology.

In this manner a technology could give all races a different unit and other races could never build each others.

Does anyone know if you can do anything like this in CTP?

Even better is there anyway to garuntee that one race can never get a technology?

Even better it would be cool if tech A could never be learned if you already have tech B.

Any ideas?

Mr. Ogre? This question is being (and has been) asked in several threads. Any ideas?
    Many thanks in advance! (or for advance? )

Big Dave
    Any flames in this message are solely in the mind of the reader.

Comment

This is one of the most important feature to design good scens, so if we can't do that, I think we won't see any real scens (with different unique races or civ).

And I must say that making a completely new mod, with all new advances, buildings, gov and units is a VERY long and hard task. So I don't know if I will make my fantasy mod or not (I haven't got so much time to devote to a game and anyway, if we can't create exclusive techs, it won't be possible).

Comment

Working...
      X