Need Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help!!

I am new at scenario making but having a ball adding in all the units you guys are putting out there. Thanks!!! I am hoping someone can help me out. When I save a new map from the map editor and then go to pull it up in my scenario I get the following message: "Unable to locate the scenario that created this saved game" I followed the example in the read me word for word? I spent 3 hours on my map and now cannot use it?

I reinstalled and made it work, still have to redo my map though. Am working on a cool scenario of Joshua's conquest of the Land of Canaan. Does anyone know how to alter the victory conditions to limit the number of turns a person has to complete the scenario?

Comment

Hi Walterwise,

You can adjust the turns in the DiffDB.txt. Turns are divided into periods. A period determines how many years pass between turns.

dutcheese

Comment

Thanks Dutcheese,

I will give that a try. Does anyone know how to have an introduction screen pop up when you first start a scenario to set up the storyline like in TOT? It would be great to be able to have a screen that came up when a player started the scenario.
        Also a special thanks to the creator of EasyMod! Couldn't make it without it!!!

Comment

Walter, I believe the Apolyton Pack has an introduction screen. I might be able to examine the file they used to create your own.

Comment

Hi agian,

I made a pop-up box for the beginning for my Meet the Challenge scenario.

Made these changes to the script.slc:

trigger 'MeetChallengeIntro' when (IsHumanPlayer(g.player) && (g.year == 0)) {
            message(g.player, 'MeetChallengeIntroAlert');
            }

messagebox 'MeetChallengeIntroAlert' {
            Show();
            Text(ID_mcMeetChallengeIntro) ;
            Button(ID_BUTTON_CLOSE) {
            Kill();
            }
            Button(ID_BUTTON_HINT) {
            message(g.player, 'MeetHint');
            Kill();
            }
            }

messagebox 'MeetHint' {
            Text(ID_mcMeetChallengeHint) ;
            Button(ID_BUTTON_CLOSE) {
            Kill();
            }
            }

The trick is to use the Show() function. This shows the message without having the user click the icon. Then just have the message trigger on the first turn.

dutcheese

Comment

Thanks Dutcheese, I appreciate you taking the time to walk me through it. I will see if I can't get it to work. It is frustrating having to learn everything the hard way but I am having alot of fun.

I am still having trouble setting a limit on number of turns or end of game year. I changed the periods to one and the years per period to one but it still needs an end. I found in the Const.txt END_OF_GAME_YEAR and set it to the date I wanted but it did not work. I can't seem to find the string it is pointing to. My ending date is BC instead of AD. Not sure if that makes a differenct or not? I put a minus sign in front of the date as that seems to be the pattern. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
              X