This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build it and emailers will come!

Saw a related thought in another thread and wanted to post this in the Creators folder, since this concerns a drawback to email games, due to the length of time these games can possibly run.

Just wondering,
    How about the following, and are these possible?

Any Scenerio Builders out there able/willing to create a PBEM/Hotseat game that begins midgame (each civ with 10-15 cities) with equal advances, units, and tile improvements in each city? The trick would be to balance everything so that no-one would have a distinct advantage.

Or is it possible to play a Multiplay game for the first 100-150 turns, and then convert into a PBEM game?

This could really boost the desire to play email games, IMO.
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Your wish was my command.

Created Quick Start the scenario.

Designed for PBEM games and shorter game play.

Start in 1500 AD with 24 advances, 10,000 public works, 10,000 gold, 10 settlers, a knight, and a transport.

The first 10 cities created by each player auto grow to size 5 if built before turn 4.

Beginning special units posses extended movement, 0 firepower, and 1 hitpoint. Knight and transport are removed at turn 3.

Uses random map features.

dutcheese

[This message has been edited by dutcheese (edited September 15, 1999).]

Comment

Dutcheese,

I could kiss you for this!!!

It's just what the PBEMailers have been crying for... an accelerated start to the game....I'll download it and test it out.

Once again you're a true champ and I thank you!
      Monkey I am proud to be!
      Trim the sails and roam the sea!
      Trim the sails and roam the sea!
      ...Stefu

Comment

Thanks,

Monkey, if you are organizing an email game with this setup, let me know - I'll only be able to committ to 3 nights a week between 9:00 -10:00 CST (Sun-Tues-Thurs), if that is possible with everyone else - if not, oh well.

hexagonia@yahoo.com

What are the file sizes for email? Yahoo only allows 500kb.
        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Thanks Monkey,

I'm blushing.

Please let me know if it needs any fine tuning.

Tried to autobuild city improvements but could only place the improvements in the queue. Maybe players should get more starting gold then.

Some info I left off... When you build initial cities (10) you get 4 Musketters for every city. The original settlers can embark and debark the transport and keep on moving to settle at a good location.

dutcheese

Comment

MarkG,

Please close this thread...Will continue in multiplayer forum here.

dutcheese
            [This message has been edited by dutcheese (edited September 15, 1999).]

Comment

Working...
            X