Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird bugs in DDC mod 4.2? No cruise missiles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird bugs in DDC mod 4.2? No cruise missiles...

Hello all,

I jus posted this in the help forum, but since it has to do with the CD mod 4.2 I realised I had better post it here.
    PS: I hope my copy/paste action didn't screw up the text format

Background: experienced Civ2 player, fairly new to CTP. Played CTP 1.0 at King level, quit at modern age.. no
    challenge, it was clear I could beat everyone, just a matter of time. Same at Emperor level. Then installed CD
    mod 4.2 and started a game at Deity level. Huge improvement! Now the game is challenging again. Have just
    come out of the Modern age, and according to the power graph I am once again the strongest by far, but I
    wasn't so sure...besides I wanted to see the Diamond age stuff so I continued playing. Am running into some
    weird things now, and hope you all can help:

The power graph seems to weigh population size far to much. In my game the Mayans are number 2, but are
    much ahead of me in tech. Probably got lucky with Edison's lab...they had robotics suddenly, 40 turns before me!
    My modern fleets and bombers etc became useless and I sorely needed cruise missiles. I researched Combined
    Arms a long time ago, got the Paratroopers but never got the cruise missiles or helicopters. My government type
    is Fundamentalism, (newly created by CD) maybe that causes it. I finally managed to steal Robotics, and
    suddenly cruise misiles showed up as a build option! SO I figured OK, the library entry for the requirements must
    be wrong... gave some build orders for missiles, saved game, and went to sleep. (at 3 AM :-) This morning I
    continued playing and suddenly the build option for missiles and helicopters is gone in all cities, although my
    coastal cities can still build missile cruisers. What's going on ?!!
    Anyway, if I was the Mayans now I could wipe me out I think, so the power graph is unrealistic.

Bug 2: population, this jumped in one turn from 34 million to 229 million...?!

Gameplay balance regarding government types: I was in Fascism for a long time, all OK. Then suddenly my
    London Exchange became obsolete, and I had a negative income every turn! (I love to build as much buildings as
    I can... Switched to Fundamentalism, (which is supposed to have lots of gold) and started building airports like
    crazy. Now I can just scrape by, have about 2000 gold with an income of maybe 300 each turn, which is nothing
    at this stage. Empire size is 43 cities and I'm worried that future governments won't even allow that...

Anyway, my biggest problem right now in trying to attack the Mayans is the lack of cruise missiles which can
    draw out the active air defense...especially those super-strong war walkers

I hope to get some replies, and have a nice day!

Paul Helmich,
    the Netherlands.
Working...
X