Scenario creation problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario creation problems!

I've been very excited about patch 1.2 and started working on a scenario as soon as i downloaded the patch.However I have a problem.

After writing a lengthly descriptions for packlist.txt and scen.txt I started CTP to see if they were there and it stopped loading just before the video.Puzzled by this I removed the scenario pack from my directory and restarted CTP it worked fine.
    The only explanation i have for this is because of the long descriptions i wrote for the packlist.txt and scen.txt because the example scenario Activision suggested you tried worked fine.

Is there a limit to the size of the description you can write for a scenario,in terms of words?
    Thanks for any suggestions.

dont know of any limit sizes
    why dont you try starting for one line and see where you can go...

perhaps it's something else...

Comment

The fact that the number 1 (or any other number, depending on the number of scenarios in your pack) must be on the third line also means that you cannot hit enter in the description. In that case it would think that the new line you started is the line with the number and that could probably cause an error.

Comment

The packlist file must have the number 1 at the start of the third line for your first scenario. The scenario file's first two lines are displayed on the options screen, so it's probably best not to make them too long. See if this helps.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions but it still doesn't seem to work.I'll keep at it though I was thinking trying the new easy mod 3.0 see if that works.Thanks again.

Comment

Brave,

Did you add any units, improvements, etc. with your scenario? The times that I had where the game crashed before the video started were when I didn't have the correct numbers at the top of one of the icon.txt files.

Comment

No,I don't think so but I think I'll reinstall it to be on the safe side,then try it.

Comment

Has anybody been able to get scenarios working which already include cities, roads and tile improvements already in place? So far I can only get maps with starting locations as my scenarios. (The 1.2 patch said that saved games can be turned into scenarios where you can choose to be any of the civilizations included)
                Thanks
                Mark

Comment

Working...
                X