No announcement yet.

Are some mods now Patch1.2 unfriendly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are some mods now Patch1.2 unfriendly?

Like the title asked, does Patch 1.2 make some mods not work, or on a lesser note, make their installation instructions incorrect? I'd like to know before I download a mod, whether or not it:
    1. works with patch 1.2.
    2. has instructions which adhere to the new file structure.

Can new mods make this clear in their descriptions, please? Some of those new graphic files in the download section are beginning to appeal to me...

Actually, adding new graphics will still follow the old rules, as they have to be put in the core directory.

As for pre-patch versions of mods, it's a tricky question. You'll have to look at the mods files, and compare them to those in the core. The files updated by the patch were modified on Aug. 5th or after. If the mod has some of the same files that were updated, then things might not work.

Btw, my new Medieval mod (now available at civnation) works with pre-patch versions of CD's and Paul's mods. Details are in the scenario.txt. I suspect most modmakers will come out with post-patch versions of their mods soon, but when the sites will be able to post them is another matter.

Comment

Working...
    X