New mod posted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mod posted

I just sent a new pack of artwork to Apolyton and the Civ Nation sites. A while back I promised a bunch of wonder and building artwork and now I've finally gotten around to posting some of it. I'm really surprised no one has tried to make any new wonders or buildings yet. They're actually much easier than units. The only problem is that one really needs to make an .avi file for the wonder movie- tricking it with a .tga file doesn't seem to cut it. Does anybody know how to convert into an .avi?

The readme I included has a lengthy explanation on how to make wonders and buildings, which text files to edit, and all that.

I'm gonna be going on a six week trip to Borneo starting next week, so I hope to get some of the stuff I've been working on posted before I leave. I have 10 WW2 naval units ready to post now and more WW2 units on the way, except I don't know how to put the civ-color shields for the units in the right spots. If someone can let me know how to do that, I can post that ASAP too.

About making avis: I use Corel Photopaint, make a new two frame animation and copy and paste the tga image into both frames.

Comment

Oops!
      Thanks for pointing that out. As long as I'm fixing it, it would be good to provide an explanation on how to convert a .tga file into an .avi file. Can anyone spell out the steps to do that, and then I'll add it in.

Also, I've asked this before, but has anyone been able to move the shield spots around for the units? Certainly someone has at least tried and failed... I'm still waiting on this before I post more unit graphics.

Comment

I like the pictures. However, there are some errors in the readme file. In the lines that should be added to wonder.txt it should be WONDER_DEFAULT_ICON ICON_WONDER_LIGHTHOUSE. The line to add to wondericon.txt should start with ICON_WONDER_LIGHTHOUSE. And you said to rename the tga to up2036.tga but that should of course be upw036.tga.

Comment

Harlan
          Yes we've tried moving shields. I think it works but you can't use different settings for different facings - they all use the same value.

Comment

To fix the movie wonders, has anyone tried putting 'null'? It works for the great library, maybe it will work here and not show any movie for the wonder at all. If it works it's simplier then making .avi's and less annoying to a player then reusing old movies.

Comment

Working...
            X