No announcement yet.

Anyone using Paint Shop Pro 5 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread has progressed way beyond Paint Shop Questions... I have my script working with move and attack sequences at this point. Tried the death sequence... all 5 facings with 6 tiffs ea facing. It worked but I noticed that makespr only displayed 6 dots. Something like:
    VICTORY [......]
    Makespr displays one dot per tiff as it's working. It only did one facing. Documentation is poor or non-existant, but the ironic thing is that I copied the Victory/Death lines from the example txt for the cow... it has 17 images per facing. I simply edited the numbers to fit mine. It looks to me like they passed on examples to augment the lack of documentation, and the examples haven't really been tried.
    ... Just venting I guess...
    I'll get this thing working, yet, then I'll document,document, document and pass on a complete fully tested script.

Dogfish

Comment

Paul and I are in agreement that there doesn't seem to be anyway to get multiple facings of the death sequence. If anyone from Activision (or whoever wrote makespr... Activision claim's they didn't) happens upon this maybe they could tell us how to make it work. It doesn't make sense to me that they would include all 5 facings of the cow's death sequence, with shadows, 17 images per if they couldn't be used.
      Dogfish

Comment

After some further testing I found out what UNIT_SPRITE_ATTACK_IS_DIRECTIONAL does. When set to 0 the attack animation will also play when you bombard. When set to 1 there will be no animation when you bombard.

About the victory/death animation: I have tried some things but I was unable to get anything to work with the sprite tool. I assume it just doesn't support multiple facings for those animations.

Comment

Paul
          This topic was the one only one that mentions the UNIT_SPRITE_ATTACK_IS DIRECTIONAL suggesting it should be set to 1.
          I just found out that if you do this you create units which crash the system when you are in fully zoomed out mode. Setting to zero doesn't do this. However if you are right about this controlling bombard animations then this may not resolve my destroyer bug problem (as it always used to crash when zoomed out and destroyers either bombarded or attacked its a little hard to tell if they were playing a bombard animation).

Comment

Working...
          X