Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Activision, can you please give us one easy-to-compile information ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activision, can you please give us one easy-to-compile information ?

Dear guys at Activision,
    Specifically Hi Mr. Ogre,

I have one rather simple request (I hope that it is that simple...): As soon as patch 1.2 is out (I don't care when), a lot of people will start asking (if not crying) questions like "Will MOD XXX work with patch 1.2?".

Now I will take care of the issue whether CD's MOD 4.2, PowerSLICs 2.0 and my personal CD's MOD upgrade 5.0 will be compatible.

For this, I would love to get a list of the files which the patch
    - is changing
    - is adding
    - is deleting.

That's all I would need. No further explanations of the content of the files, of the changes you made and most important: No further support at all needed (we Modmakers should know the game now good enough in order to answer nearly all questions by ourselves). This list does not need to be included in patch 1.2, a reply here is ok. Benefit for you: If Modmakers can work with such a list, your emailboxes will most likely be not 1000% full but maybe just 800%.

I and most likely a lot of other people will appreciate such a list greatly !

Thanks in advance,
    TP

P.S. All others who might feel to ask the question right now: I don't know whether CD's MOD 4.2, whether PowerSLICs (latest version 1.66) and my personal CD upgrade will work with patch 1.2. And it's surely also not Activision's job to give you that answer as MODs are not supported (which is correct in my pov). However I can assure you that I will be digging into that as soon as the German patch is out.
    [This message has been edited by TP (edited August 16, 1999).]

Tp,
    You shouldn't have much to worry about. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would cause a mod made for 1.0 or 1.1 not to work with 1.2 (the reverse is not necessarily true of course). There are no changes in format to any of the database or graphics files. SLIC has new functions and variables, but nothing that breaks old scripts. No files have been removed that I know of.

We'll have some help for creating scenarios and mod packs available when the patch ships. It mostly just consists of getting everything in the right directories.
    Joe Rumsey - CTP Programmer

Comment

Mr. Ogre,

Thanks a lot for this valuable information. I was not sure whether patch 1.2 included new concepts/designs in the games' text files, so I raised the question.

Thanks to you again,
      TP

By the way, I am going to run a PBEM game with JimMac when patch 1.2 is out in English and German. Do you want to join us or are you fed up with CTP after working for so long on this project ?

Comment

This may be a dumb question but we won't have to start a new game after installing the long-awaited patch 1.2? Hate to lose what I've got going.
        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

You can load saved games from any version into 1.2.
          Joe Rumsey - CTP Programmer

Comment

CD's mod comes with a script.slc that was changed for the right-click help texts for the new units. The patch will have a changed script.slc so that would have updated for CD's mod.

Comment

My MOD entitled Really Play CTP as it should be also modified the script.slc for the new alien biology advance and will need to be updated for the new patch. Oh well... can include more MOD updates for version 2 of the MOD.

Dutcheese

Comment

Working...
              X