Special terraforming question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special terraforming question...

Is there a way to modify it so you can only terraform certain tiles into certain tiles??

Reason being was i was modifying it so i could ADD dead tiles to the game (playing scorched earth and editing the terrain text file)....
    ..then another games, was playing the Dutch, and wanted to 'reclaim' land from the sea...

now you can make it so you can remove shallow water, to add something else..but then you can just build sonar bouys out to the middle of the ocean, then if there is a shallow portion for some reason, make an island...i guess it's not sooo bad...but this also got me to thinking along the ideas of changing deep sea to volcano...but then you could add the volcano to ANYWHERE, not just deep sea..

help??

The hard part about changing shallow ocean to land is that then the shores won´t be right. you can write a SLIC code that checks the surrounding tiles and transform them, but then that would be a bit much work, and i don´t know if there are any trigger that implements that tiles have been terraformed (and which tile also)

I might do such a code later for the Vulcano random event, but as it is now, im waiting for the new patch before doing anything more...

Comment

who cares about shores?? that could be an issue for a later date but terraforming water would be a really awsome improvement!

Comment

Without shores the land would get the greem/vilolet/red stuff that you get when doing the same things in the editor...not that good looking i think...

Comment

hmm darn.. guess im too eager

Comment

And i type like a disabled monkey when im in a hurry!

Comment

hehe greem my favorite i didn't even see it till you pointed it out

------------------
              i've seen the man use the needle, (seen the needle use the man) --megadeth

Comment

Not having much to do with this topic, but im actually going to see Maiden/Megadeth on sep. 17th. You seem to have that kinda taste in music. Do you have alot of Cds or Mp3s?

Comment

ya both

btw this is my new name

------------------
                  fomerly known as fasteddie: name changed because of duplicity
                  ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Sounds great! Do you have a fast connection too?

I have alot of Cds and mp3, mostly metal. And a 10 mbts connection too. Im on modem now during the summer but next week im going to my apartment at my university so then i will open my ftp again.

Do you have a list of mp3 or something?

I have ICQ 1131079 and email joanyg-6@student.luth.se .....

Comment

Working...
                    X