Graphics for CD's mod finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics for CD's mod finished

I got the horse archer video from Dogfish. Thank you for the time and work you put into this to get those sprites and videos finished in such a short time. I am going to do some final testing now and if everything works I will mail it to Dan.

I have finished my final testing and everything seems to work so I sent it to Dan. This means that it should soon appear in Apolyton's CTP download section. I have copied and pasted the readme.txt file that comes with the graphics mod:

UNIT GRAPHICS FOR VERSION 4.2 OF CELESTIAL DAWN'S "PLAY CTP AS IT SHOULD BE"
    MOD

By Timothy Pintello and Paul van den Belt

ABOUT THIS MOD

This mod provides graphics for the new units that were added in Celestial
    Dawn's "Play CTP as it should be" mod. This mod also provides move and
    attack sounds for the siege engine and the edited text files that are needed
    to make these new graphics and sounds work in the game.

INSTALLATION

Before installing this mod you must first have installed version 4.2 of
    Celestial Dawn's "Play CTP as it should be" mod. THIS MOD WILL NOT WORK
    WITHOUT VERSION 4.2 OF CELESTIAL DAWN'S MOD.

After you have installed Celestial Dawn's mod you can unzip the contents of
    this zip file into the directory where you installed CTP. Make sure you have
    checked the "use folder names" option of Winzip. When prompted to overwrite
    files click "Yes to All." You are now ready to play CTP with the new unit
    graphics.

CREDITS

Textfile editing Timothy Pintello and Paul van den Belt

Unit graphics Lev Koszegi (Helicopter and Spy Satellite)
    Jerome Lux (Missile Cruiser and Cruise Missile)
    Jim Hair (Siege Engine and Horse Archer)
    Paul van den Belt (Noble)

Comment

That is great news! I've been waiting for sprites to CD's mod.

When will they appear and where?

------------------
      - - - - - - - - - - -

'Blood will run'
      'Blood will run'

Comment

please mail it to dan@apolyton.net

thanks

Comment

Hi Paul, please properly credit me in this readme. I did the 5 view facings for the catapult and horse archer, and Jim did the animations for them. The animations were the bulk of the work, but its still nice to be recognized for work you've done.

Comment

Savant: I mailed it to Dan so it should be in Apolyton's CTP download section when he has the time to put it there. I don't know how long that takes.

Harlan: Sorry, I will change the readme.txt to reflect that.

Dan: if I just send you a new readme.txt could you replace it in the zip? I'd really rather not mail the whole 1.4 MB zip file again. My phone bill is high enough already.

Comment

Harlan: I have updated the readme to credit both you and Jim for the sprites. I have mailed the new readme to Dan. I hope he will accept this and not ask me to mail the whole zip again.

Comment

Thanks Paul. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

------------------
                - - - - - - - - - - -

'Blood will run'
                'Blood will run'

Comment

Glad to see the sprites have been finished, and I hope I can download them soon! And I'm glad my helicopter and satellite are among them; I've been away from the forums for quite a while, and was wondering if anyone had found the sprites useful.
                  Lev Koszegi

Comment

Yes, they were very useful. I have taken the liberty of resaving your videos as compressed avi because the mod was getting very big. I hope that's ok with you.

Comment

No prob about the AVI's; I wasn't sure if they'd work with compression, so I didn't compress them -- and I was too lazy to go back and see if compressed files would work. Good to know that they do.
                      Lev Koszegi

Comment

Hi Lev,
                        Now that you're back, are you gonna make any more sprites? I've made a bunch of five facing ones, but I think there have only been two, going on a couple more, fully animated ones made aside from yours.

Comment

Hi, Harlan! Whether or not I'm up to making more sprites depends on what sprites you want...
                          Lev Koszegi

Comment

It takes a long time before this gets posted on Apolyton. This morning I got a mail from Dan saying that he received the graphics mod. If that already takes nearly two weeks I really don't know how long it will take before the mod is finally available for download. However, I have an ISP who gives me some space for a homepage so I read through some pages on how that works and you can now download the graphics for CD's mod at http://home.planet.nl/~belt0018/Graphics.zip (1.42 MB)
                            [This message has been edited by Paul (edited August 09, 1999).]

Comment

Thanks, Paul! I'm downloading even as I type...
                              Lev Koszegi

Comment

Working...
                              X