Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you alter the X and Y wraps of a saved map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you alter the X and Y wraps of a saved map?

I wish to use the Europa map, yet it has the X wrap on. This causes a bit of concenr as you can be Russia and can pop around the otherside of the world to Morocco.

Is there a way to disable the x wrap and the y wrap of the map without re-doing it?

You can probably use the /importmap [filename] and /exportmap [filename] commands from the chat window to save the map, and then load it up again into a map which has X wrap off. Just be careful that the map into which you are importing it is of the same dimensions.

However, there is some problem with turning X wrap off, which is why the MedMod provided flat map support through the use of Big Black Blobs - but I wasn't around back then, so I don't know the details, you might want to see if you can find out anything else, and you might want to hijack the flat map support from the Med Mod.

Comment

Flat maps are very buggy in CtP1 (though it's been a couple of years, so I don't remember exactly what was wrong with them), that's why I wrote the Big Black Blob code.

You can download various versions of it from my peronsal website (still haven't gotten around adding them to the directory yet).
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
      X