production problem/question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• production problem/question

here is my situation. I have a game where I have the government-technocracy. My production is 27,635, my unit support is 5,544, I have no production going to PW, I have no PW being built to drain off production, I have no corporate drains on my empire. yet with my production at 27,635 the "available for building" production is only 13,274, where is the difference after I deduct the unit support. also the switches are set on the red mark. I have played quite a few games now and have not seen this big a disparity before. Any thoughts, or something else I am not aware of. I know governments and happiness affect things, but that is reflected in the total production figure available, right? Ken

I think two players responded to this but in the wrong thread. So there is the link to thier thoughts.

I have a feeling the missing production can be accounted for in the individual cities. Each city needs x amount of production to maintain itself.

For instance if you had no buildings in any cities your full production would be availiable. The fact you have structures it takes x amount of production to maintain them.
    “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
    Or do we?

Comment

ok that is the first time I heard the building need production for maintenance. I knew the gold of course, but not the production. thank you

Comment

Well I am not sure but I have taken a light viewing of this and it would seem to me at this point the only logical explanation. Mind you it could be built into the game for production short falls, like power outages etc.

Other than that guess I will have to dig into this more. I have noticed it in all games I have played but never took a close look at why. Time permitting I will experiment with this in the comming week.

My intuition tells me it is based on happiness though.
        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
        Or do we?

Comment

Well that you need production in CTP1 to upkeep your buildings is also new to me and is actual not covered by the improve.txt. Another idea would be that a city could riot and in that case you lose production food ans science.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Yes I looked in the improve.txt too and found nothing, but this missing production is in most every game I have seen, that put's it in the hundreds. In most cases happiness is 73 or better, cities are stable.
            Last edited by blackice; May 20, 2003, 07:14.
            Or do we?

Comment

this is why I was so intrigued in this game. no riots at all, keeping all happiness above 73, most are at 75. I can not see a reason I know of on this one. Blackice, I will send you my turn in that game and let you look at it. I know there is always a small unaccounted for difference, but this is like 7,000 production points out of 26,000, that I can not account for.

Comment

'
                Last edited by blackice; May 20, 2003, 18:26.
                Or do we?

Comment

Ok here is how the math works out in that game dancemasseuse:

P.T. 32224
                  W.D. -8056
                  G.B 12084
                  Crime -2242
                  Supp. -6294
                  For Building 15632

From this observation the Government bonus is already included in the P.T. ( Per Turn ) totals.

So 32224 - 8056 (workday)= 24168 - 2242 (crime)=21926 - 6294 (support)= 15632

That works out as 15632 is what was left for building.

Let's look at an 8 hour workday vs. the 6 above:

P.T. 32254
                  W.D. 0
                  G.B. 16127
                  Crime -4576
                  Supp -6294
                  For Building 21384

If you do the math exactly as shown above you will see 21384 is what is left. The G.B. difference accounts for most of the crime difference with the exception of about 533 which could be individual cities having a .2 unhappiness on the average.

31 cities @ .2 unhappiness= 64.508 if I take it as 32254 divided by 64.508 I come up with 500 so yes unhappiness difference in each city accounts for the remaining crime difference.

Solved.
                  Or do we?

Comment

thank you

Comment

Working...
                    X