X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build Queue messages

Hey guys.
    Just so you know, the build queue messages in 1.2 look something like this:

"[city] has just built [item]. Next in queue: [next_item]" or "[city] has just built [item]. The queue is empty"

You'll only get the plain old "Queue is empty" message when you let it sit empty for a whole turn or more.

I'm telling you this so no one spends too much more time working on doing this kind of thing in SLIC. Not that that wasn't really cool, but it did need new code to really do it right.
    Joe Rumsey - CTP Programmer

Mr. Ogre,

Please help me, I wrote that peace of code for my modpack and it doesn't work.

trigger 'Give Obs. Advance' when(discovery.type) {
    if(discovery.type = #1) {
    GrantAdvance(player.1, #2)
    }
    }

I have putted #1 and #2 here but in the real code they are integer values taken fom advance.txt

The idea being that when you discover some advances like Democracy, I want to give obsolete advances like monarchy so it stops showing again and again until the end of the game.

I used to have something similar but I lost it and now I can't seem to make it work.

Comment

Mr. Ogre,

Thanks for updating ! I will wait with my PowerSLICs 2.0 until the patch 1.2 is out. Based on your comments in another thread from today I am looking forward to work with SLIC 1.2 even if there are just a few changes. SLICing is fun !

Dan,

By the way, may I kindly ask you to put PowerSLICs 1.5 into the download area ? I think some people would like to download it.

Thanks
      TP

Comment

For me, a great benefit of the way Dominique Toussaints' Build Mod (as improved by TP) performs this function is the way that you can add some atmosphere to the game by descibing the benefit of the improvement in the message.
        eg "More production - and more pollution - in Belfast thanks to the new Oil_Refinery"

I wonder if this improved Build queue message, will allow this. Or will I need to keep the old build mod as well?

TP, You know about these things! What do you think?

JimMac

Comment

TP,

You want me to put What ? Where ?

Sorry, I don't follow you.

Comment

Oups! Sorry, just realized you were talking to Dan Q.

Comment

JimMac,

Let's simply see what the patch 1.2 brings in and then decide whether I will update the improved TP/Dom Building MOD or whether we will go with the official solution. Time will tell :-)

TP

Comment

I think the official will do really. The texts just felt corny to me. But we´ll see.
                As always

Comment

Working...
                X