Cant borders be done with slic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant borders be done with slic?

So much wonderful things can be made with SLIC, so I wonder if there cant be some kind of borders made.
    Is this possible?

ATa

------------------
    If something is easy, something is wrong.

My goodness, what a great idea... I am 100% unsure whether me or Depp can find a way to do it, but it is surely one route for the next-next PowerSLICs update.

The next PowerSLICs update (v 1.5) should be available within the next 2 days by the way.

TP

Comment

Well, borders in a sense can be made. Like if one moves on your land he must withdraw troops, but that wouln+t be really SLIC (har har)
      Anyway the troble would be getting the AI to understand the things you do, which it probably wont!

Comment

What exactly is PowerSlic ?

Comment

PowerSLIC is a package of SLIC-Coded Enhancments for CTP.
          SLIC is a programming-language used in CTP not unlike C++

With SLIC you can add extra messages and function and stuff, like random events for example.
          And Dominique´s being build mod is done in SLIC (the one that let´s one know what the hell one has build!)

Comment

Depp,

Did you receive PowerSLICs 1.5 beta ? I sent it out a second time, hopefully it works now.

TP

Comment

From SLIC!

Regions
              There are a number of functions above which act on regions. A region is a parallelogram or union of parallelograms on the map. They can be defined in two ways.
              A simple region:

Region name [ x1,y2, x2, y2];
              Or a complex region built from a union of any number of simple regions:
              Region name = name1 + name2 [+ ... + namen]

SO yes any decent programmer can implement borders!

Enslave them all!

Thomas Diemar
              <font color=EE0000>Enslave them all!!
              Thomas Diemar
              </font>

Comment

Great. So why don't you start coding borders ? By the way please don't forget to tell the AI to respect borders.

TP

Comment

yes, please. Borders would be really cool.

Ata

Comment

You guys might want to check with Mr. Ogre on the region idea.

the region function is listed with a Warning.

Warning: Regions have not been thouroughly tested, they may not work as advertised!

Comment

So, where are the descent programmers?

ATa

Comment

Maybe they are at activision? Mr Ogre seems to be OK to me , hehe.

The thing is that regions probably wont work, but one could prohibit units from entering the lands which one own, but that would mean that whoever get´s there first owns everything and so on. Would be rather ugly, so to speak. Just walk over a continent and you ahve cut it in half.

Altough borders should only apply after say 1000 AD since borders before were rather flexible so to speak.

Has anyone put some time with the AI-files?

Comment

Actually, the Great Wall of China was not there to keep the Mongol raiders out, it was there to keep them in until the local forces got there so they could kill them.
                          Any flames in this message are solely in the mind of the reader.

Comment

Actually just using some type of regioning to alert you to enemy/rival units or moves near your intrests and citys would be nice, no prohibiting units in a region though that would be rude. And for the sake of arguing borders can apply before 1000 AD. Such wonders as the Great Wall acted as a border to China's north. And somewhere between 117 AD and 138 AD the Roman Emperor Hadrian stopped roman expansion and built a wall in England and maintained and enforced his borders. But these borders did not neccessaryily keep other militaries off his land they just added some slight reconnaissance value. Thought I'd let you know.

------------------
                            -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
                            The mark of JM
                            -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
                            -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
                            The mark of JM
                            -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Comment

Working...
                            X