Messagebox icons, a potential question for MR. Ogre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messagebox icons, a potential question for MR. Ogre

You are not able to create message icons with the sprite tool. You can create various sprites and effects but not the messagebox icons.

I want to create an icon with applies to The new genre of information to The cctp-player I am writing.

SO how do I convert a .tga file to a messagebox icon that CCTP can find? I hope that I can avoid writing an entire spitetool, which can create messagebox icons. This can be done with The information you get with the sprite tool.

Enslave them all!

Thomas Diemar.

<font color=EE0000>Enslave them all!!
    Thomas Diemar
    </font>

And by The way, I must admit that I find it awesome that Mr. Ogre takes the time to help us amateur programmers out!!!

Thanks, thanks and once again thanks for your time Mr. Ogre!

Enslave them all!

Thomas Diemar.
    [This message has been edited by Diemar (edited July 21, 1999).]
    Thomas Diemar
    </font>

Comment

No conversion is necessary. If you have a tga file, you can just drop it in default\graphics\pictures, add 2 lines to default\gamedata\messageicon.txt. One line for the icon you're making, one line for the "selected" version - for which we always use the same icon(an X), but you can use another if you want. Don't forget to add two to the number at the top of messageicon.txt. That's it, you're all set, you can use your new icon in a messagebox with MessageType("WHATEVER_NAME_YOU_USED");

Joe Rumsey - CTP Programmer

Comment

thx Mr Ogre.
        Do you also know the image size of all those icons? Are they 96x72?

ATa

Comment

As I couldn’t find any ’upsxxx.tga’ files in any subdirectory i assumed that conversion was needed.
          Thanks for The quick response.

Ehh, I’m just started on this ctp programming, and would like to ask some ‘dumb’ questions.
          Is there any way to specify The size and placement (x1,y1,x2,y2) of a messagebox?
          Is there any specific size a messageicon (x*Y) is to have?

Once again thanks for your help, it is very much appreciated.

Enslave them all!

Thomas Diemar.

[This message has been edited by Diemar (edited July 22, 1999).]
          Thomas Diemar
          </font>

Comment

Great, It Works!!!! A new icon for is really easy to make. I have already made one for the celebration messages, so now one can dismiss then without looking. Before it used the warning icon which can have big news!

I took the smile dude they use in the cityscreen and streched him out and used a normal messageiconbackground and voila!

Then i made a funcky looking RANK icon!

By the way, i took an icon from a screenshot at 1024X768 and that war 33X33 pixels ...

33X33X64K works great!

Thanks mr Ogre!
            [This message has been edited by Depp (edited July 22, 1999).]

Comment

Working...
            X