Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my "to add in downloads/modification" list is empty!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my "to add in downloads/modification" list is empty!

everything that has been mailed to me is now online

exception is two(?) files by Harlan, for which I'm waiting at markg@eng.auth.gr

thanks for sending us all these files

------------------
    Markos, Apolyton Civilization Site

[This message has been edited by MarkG (edited July 17, 1999).]

Markos, I don't know why you're having such trouble posting my files. Over two weeks ago I told you that since I couldn't send them to you I sent them to Dan. Dan recently sent me an e-mail apologizing about how long its taken him to post them, but he still has them. Unfortunately I'm on the road now so I can't send them again at this time. One of the modpacks (the unit graphics) has since been updated, however I sent that to Dan as well (after having my files bounce from you yet again). But failing everything else, you can download these two from the Civ World website, which has posted the latest versions of both. I also mentioned in a message to you that I was hoping you could remove the speculated list of units that might be in CTP that I wrote and is still posted on the website. Its a bit out of date to say the least. Maybe that message got bounced back as well.

Harlan

P.S.- I've said this before and I'll say it again- get a new ISP server already!

Comment

It's true, I do...

The files have been uploaded, so Markos can access them himself now and add them to the database and get them online for public downloading.

Sorry for this delay, Harlan, but both Markos and myself are very busy with our full-time summer jobs...

While we're at it here, anyone else have any files to submit?

----------------
      Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Basically, the reasons for all this are two:
        1) Dan and I have separate "to-do" lists. If a file is sent to me I post it, and the other way around
        2) Dan and I have almost always have a bit big "to-do" lists, and it is quite easy for something to be left behind

Anyway, it seems that what Dan uploaded was the last version of the Leaders mod. I updated the database, and we're now looking for the very latest files of yours in Dan's inbox folder
        Other than that, I would prefer not to download any files from other sites

As for the units page, I probably missed that mail, page removed.

Sorry for the delay and the mess

------------------
        [This message has been edited by MarkG (edited July 18, 1999).]

Comment

Markos,
          Now that you have it in your downloads section, I downloaded and installed Harlans Leader mod.

However in my first game using it, I have two corrupt images,- the Phoenicans and the Asyrians, while the only other 2 civs I have met so far , the Americans and the Byzantines are fine. (The Byzantine leader pic is very good BTW)
          So do you know if this is his most recent/final version?

Thanks
          JimMac

(P.S. This weeks column was very good. I think that it deserves some sort of response from Apolyton users as to what we think your role is)

Comment

Most probably tomorrow I will upload Harlan's Graphic Mod which replaces the Leader one(and also contains his City Graphics mod)
            So, hold on a bit

As for the column, thanks for the comment, there is a thread in the Civ2-General forum

------------------

Comment

Markos,
              Thanks for putting that up tomorrow. Once you do, please make sure you completely remove any versions of the Real Leader modpack though (and City Styles mod), as there are various bugs in that that only the Graphics file fixes.

Comment

Here it is http://apolyton.net/cgi-bin/ctp/files/download.pl?id=7

It replaced the Leaders mod(keeping it's number of downloads )

------------------

Comment

And the New Units pack is in the Modification page too... http://apolyton.net/ctp/modification/

This is really the end of my "to add" list...

thanks for the patience
                  [This message has been edited by MarkG (edited July 20, 1999).]

Comment

Thanks for the update Markos. I have now installed these latest mods from Harlan, and the leader pics work perfectly.

And thanks go to Harlan for a great job. Not only do the leader pics have more "personality" than the Activision versions, but the new city designs are excellent. I am now playing to see how the Castle/Keep develops as the city grows!

JimMac

Comment

Working...
                    X