• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't save game

"Konnte das Spiel nicht in der Datei 'civgame-0075m.sav.gz' speichern"

or in english:

"could not save game in file 'civgame-0075m.sav.gz'"

does enyone have a clue wy this happen ?
    I tried the "save" cmd in the server cmd line. I alos tries using a specific name such as:
    save game.sav
    by the way, why does it try to save as a .gz ?

=> can't save file

thanx for your help

Guldi,

You don't need to include the .sav suffix when you want a save a game. Do you also get this error if you try the savegame button in the client?

To save space all savegames are compressed. The .gz suffix refers to that. If you have an archive program that supports the .gz format you can look at the files in the savefile.
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

yes, I also tested it with the save button in the client => shows the same error in the server.

I also tested it without the the .sav extension => error

Comment

when trying this on my win2k machine, it works. I can save and load.
        but the problem stays on the Linux (SuSE 8.1, kernel 2.4.19) machine.

Oohhh... i have a suspicion: maybe the user I start the game, has no right to create files in the directory (I'm not sitting in front of the machine). I will test that this evening.

Comment

ohm, äh... I want to finsih this post:
          it is as suspected, user has not appropriate rights (as it is stated in the FAQ).
          sry for this "dumb" posting :-(

Comment

Working...
          X