need help on loading games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help on loading games

ok now that im on the correct board this time heheh (check civ3 board)

anyways, i was wondering how you are supposed to load a game (im rather new to freeciv). from what i see on the manual and the 'help save' texts, you type something along the lines of '--file chris.gz' cuz i saved it a chris (go figure) and it says after that 'saved file as chris.gz' or some such.
    when i do type this, it says 'unknown command. try 'help'.' and that really dont help heh.
    any help would be appreciated

With the latest beta, you can load a game by typing 'load ' in the server console or the chatline if you've got command level hack. I don't remember when this feature was added, but I don't think it was in the 1.13.0 release.

What you encountered in the help text were instructions for loading a file using a command line argument. Command line arguments modify the behavior of a program based on the presence of certain switches that are given to the program upon launch. In the server, one of those switches is for loading a file. To use the switch, you would type the following command at the shell: './ser --file ' Other switches can be used. for information about the available switches in the server, use the '--help' command ('./ser --help').

Hope this helps.

[edit]
    Out of curiosity, what version of freeciv are you using and what platform are you using it on? The help text may have changed since the version you're using was released.
    [/edit]
    Last edited by MacHatter; December 18, 2002, 00:42.
    Andy Black

Comment

i am running version 1.13 on a redhat linux 8
      Last edited by Waren; December 19, 2002, 13:21.

Comment

Working...
      X