HiRes and other tiles for windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HiRes and other tiles for windows

Oookay...I just loaded Andreas Kemnade's new binary for windows..it didn't have HiRes included so I pulled it from another version, but when I tried to play it wouldn't load. Does anyone know what the problem is?

I've heard some hints about a problem with that tile, can I just save it different, change the number of colors, or something like that?

And does anyone have a program to convert .xpm's to something I can read?

------

I also loaded Anders Bruun Olsen's version. I got cygwin, installed it, and unzipped the freeciv package (i586) to the top level of the dir. When I tried to do the final installation I typed in cd /usr/local and then the rest. The Bash came back and said it could'nt find the files. Does anyone know what could be happening?

The hires isn't set as the standard tile anymore. You have to use the civclient --tiles hires command option. Just create a shortcut for the civclient, open the properties and add the tiles option to the civclient.exe All other tilesets are selected in the same way.

About not being able to load the hires set...did you use the one with *.png or the *.xpm graphics? You'll need the set with the *.png graphics for the windows client (plus the tilespec file in the data directory). I've included an attachment with hires set. Just unzip to the data directory

Only the highend win graphic programs can read this format. The GIMP is a free graphic editor for Linux and windows which can read xpm's however.

The last problem seems to be a "set path=\dir..." issue. This question was brought up a while ago (try searching the old threads)
    Attached Files
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

yes they are png's..

Comment

Working...
      X