easier than easy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easier than easy?

Ok, I've read the FAQ, so you don't have to tell me this.
    But anyway, I want to know if there is a way to make AI easier than on easy.
    Why?
    I've already playied cvi1, civ2, ctp, ctp2 and alpha centaury, and freeciv is much harder thanl all of them.
    Yes, there are some ways to make freeciv easier when playing, but the thing is that if you play freeciv the way you play other civ games, you'll loose!

The easy AI is not easy enough for novice players. If the AI is beating you up early in the game, try setting the "generator" server option to 2 or 3. That is, in the server, before starting a game, type: set generator 2 or: set generator 3

Interesting challenge isn't it? When the AI seems to have a knack for self preservation, calculated warfare and they're all out to get ya!

Hint: try to play an expansive strategy, you should try to capture the entire continent you start out on.
    Last edited by CapTVK; June 8, 2002, 20:34.
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Try playing with map generator 2, and you'll start on your own continent. That often helps. The AI is particularily nasty when it is your neighbour.

Comment

It's very ironic, given how rubbish the AI is in most Civ-style games, that the easy version of the FreeCiv AI is far too difficult!

Has there been any other Civ-style game where the programmers have set themselves a goal of trying to produce a version of the AI that is less good?

Of course it's really spread of ability that's the problem here. There isn't enough difference between the various levels of the AI in FreeCiv, and the easy AI is too harsh on people who don't know the ropes.

Comment

finally a civ game with an AI...quit *****ing and sack up
          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
          X