beginer to freeciv seeks help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beginer to freeciv seeks help

I would like some help in learning to add to both the rules set and the nations set.

I want to create a fantasy setting. I have looked at tech.ruleset and think that adding:

[New tech]
    Name = "New Tech"
    Req1 = "A Previous Tech"
    Req2 = "Another Previous Tech"
    Flags = ""

would script the new techs but can not find where they are listed in code. I looked in common/tech.c and tech.h but found no specifics. Where are the techs implimented. I do program in C/C++ so do not need a lot of help there.

How can new races be added and what changes to the code would be needed to set it so that 2 or more nations could both be the same race. I realize that this is a hard coded limit at the moment and am willing to put in time to change the code if someone would point me in the right direction.

If you want to create fantasy a mod pack with it's own techtree you can just change the names. For races it's the same thing. Also check out the files in the data directory for an example. You can also find some Freeciv modpacks at www.freeciv.org

Or do you want to do something more than that? If you want to change something in the code I suggest subscribing or mailing your question to the freeciv developers mailing list at freeciv-dev@freeciv.org

Those guys have all the answers...well most...
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

I do want to do more. But the more I examine the code the less I think what I want to do is possible without major rewrites to it. Thanks for the reply.
      Last edited by jdfj; May 27, 2002, 17:03.

Comment

Working...
      X