Downloading Freeciv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloading Freeciv

How can you download Freeciv? I have tried to and it wont open with Winzip?
    Alex

You probably downloaded the Freeciv files in gunzip format. You'll need to DL the zipped windows version from Andreas kemnade's site:

Aktuelle News aus Politik, Sport, Unterhaltung, Wirtschaft & Finanzen | Ratgeber Leben, Gesundheit und Heim & Garten | E-Mail und Shopping bei t-online.de.

I suggest the new client version. It's faster than the GTK version and seems to work fine. I've played around with it under Win98 and it never crashed for me. If I remember correctly there's also a graphical frontend available for setting up the server. I' mail or post it here if you want it.

For a challenge, try setting the aifill to "30" and difficulty to "hard" - that's thirty bloodthirsty opponents!!!

Keep on civ'in
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Thankyou.
      Alex

Comment

Working...
      X