• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I use Scenario from CIV II?

Hello
    I have one question
    How can I use Scenario from CIV II?

I can't find any info about it on freeciv.org.

LarryN

Civ II scenarios can't be used in freeciv. The reason for that is the two programs use different file formats. If you are interested in creating a scenario for freeciv, you could try using CivWorld . IIRC, most of the files listed as scenarios in the freeciv distrobution are actuall maps that have been created. I know that there have been some discussions about modpacks on the mailing list (list information), but I don't recall much being acomplished.
    Andy Black

Comment

Originally posted by MacHatter
      Civ II scenarios can't be used in freeciv. The reason for that is the two programs use different file formats. If you are interested in creating a scenario for freeciv, you could try using CivWorld . IIRC, most of the files listed as scenarios in the freeciv distrobution are actuall maps that have been created. I know that there have been some discussions about modpacks on the mailing list (list information), but I don't recall much being acomplished.
      I subsribed freeciv-data mailing list. Is it correct?

Comment

Freeciv-data would probably have the people who deal with map/modpack/tileset/scenario stuff.

Freciv-dev covers coding type stuff. Depending on what you are trying to acomplish, you may find useful information here. This would be of use if you are pushing the limits of what the rulesets can do.

Note: I follow freeciv-dev and -cvs, but not -data, so I may not be able to help much. When you have a finished scenario, you'd want to submit it through the bug tracking system (bugs@freeciv.freeciv.org) for inclusion. messages from the bug tracking system are also sent to the -dev list, but if you don't want to subscribe to the list, include a note in the message saying you aren't subscribed.
        Andy Black

Comment

Working...
        X