Congrats on Freeciv 1.12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats on Freeciv 1.12

Congratulations on the release of 1.12 to Thue and all other developers. Great work!

So what are the plans for ver 1.14? Will we see some eye candy (throne room, city view)? Or some music (national anthems for the various nations). Apolyton members can help if you need graphics and sound. The mod makers here are highly skilled and wouldn't mind helping out. Just ask!
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Next version will be 1.13.0, not 1.14.0

Ear candy would be very nice . Freeciv currently has no sound, as you may have noticed...
    Currently there is a backlog of patches and stuff to do, but I will come asking for gfx and sounds when I have time to implement the code side support.
    http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

I'm always ready to help with the gfx side
      Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Maybe we should set up some sort of Apolyton freeciv user group. We really need more critical discussion about the game.
        Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Working...
        X