Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to tiles.png and other and some Questions

I'm addicted not to the game but to the modding of the game

Anyway I spent 8 hours of my life today changing some of the terrain images mostly the coasts and a few icons.

How do I make the mask go away I can only paint and the game only reads from where the original image is from. I loaded up Picture Publisher which is worth £150 thinking that it has to be able to change the mask and it did come up in black and white showing where the mask is so I thought yay and started to change it there and saved it went back to PSPro and it came up as black and white.
    I'm stuck. Does anyone know a way around this. I made a good 3D tank only to find I could see just half of it in the game.
    Attached Files
    Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

For not having to draw on top of the old tiles: look in tiles.spec: it decides from where in the picture the tiles are loaded.

Oh, and I edit my pictures with the gimp, which I got for free, and it works .

I bet your problem is that the colors you are using was not in the original image, and it somehow can't figure out how to adjust the map. I don't know how the windows clients work (maybe when MS sends me a free copy of windows...), but you can try asking on freeciv-dev@freeciv.org, see http://www.freeciv.org/mailinglists.html

I agree that modifying freeciv can be more addictive than the game itself.
    http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Thanks I've glanced through tilespec before but I'll check it.

And I got PP for free on the coverCD of PCW August ed. So back to ya

BTW : Bye see you when you get back.
      Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Working...
      X