X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On revolution

Hi All!

I want to submit here a question:

I remember that in Civilization II, anarchy lasted for long time when someone overthrown an advanced form of government, instead when you overthrown a primitive one, anarchy lasted for no time or little.

Indicatively:

From Despotism (1-2 turns)

From Monarchy (2-3 turns)

From Republic (~5 turns)

From Communism/Fundamentalism (~5 turns)

From Democracy (>5 turns)

In the Freeciv Code, duration of anarchy is calculated as: 1 + random(5) --> [1-5] turns whatever is your actual government.

How this choice is motivated?

Actually, in Civ2 anarchy wasn't random at all. The game was hardset with a four turn period (1000bc-600bc-200bc-200ad etc...) before a civ would drop out of anarchy. For example let's say that the date is set at 200 BC. So if changed gov in 500 BC I would stay 3 turns in anarchy until 200 BC. If i changed gov at 300 BC, I would only have one turn of anarchy!
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Working...
    X