Some rants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some rants

Ok first I admint I havent played much of Freeciv. But I simply can't complete a game for several reasons:

When there is a unit in a city selected, I normally in Civ2 press "Enter" and the city screen is brought up. Here in freeciv a new turn is begun. This is very annoying since I have learned it this way. A major reason why I get mad about the game.

Next thing is that I think its way too weak showing important messages in this message box. A quickly to close pop up window would do much better.

For example when I run over a hut, I have to look for the info. I dont think this is good design. The info should pop-up.

The graphics are fine the way they are. But well, I dont like GTK that much and it is not very game friendly. Its ugly and distracts a lot from the game. I dont know much about Gtk, so is it possible to make own buttons ?

And yeah, sound maybe nice too.

ATa

Re: Some rants

Originally posted by Atahualpa
    Ok first I admint I havent played much of Freeciv. But I simply can't complete a game for several reasons:

When there is a unit in a city selected, I normally in Civ2 press "Enter" and the city screen is brought up. Here in freeciv a new turn is begun. This is very annoying since I have learned it this way. A major reason why I get mad about the game.
    Bad habit. Don't expect us to change the keys so that all other freeciv players will have to relearn their keys .
    If it really bugs you then just change it in the source and recompile. Should be triviel.

Next thing is that I think its way too weak showing important messages in this message box. A quickly to close pop up window would do much better.

For example when I run over a hut, I have to look for the info. I dont think this is good design. The info should pop-up.
    Maybe.

The graphics are fine the way they are. But well, I dont like GTK that much and it is not very game friendly. Its ugly and distracts a lot from the game. I dont know much about Gtk, so is it possible to make own buttons ?
    Umm, don't ask me . But yes, gtk is ugly.

And yeah, sound maybe nice too.

ATa
    Yes.
    http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Just testing the new board!

Comment

Some very good criticism, and I have noted it, and will look into changing stuff and fiddling around.

Also changing the keys is really easy, just remember to recompile though

Comment

Here's a suggestion...
          why not make the keys user definable in the game itself? Then it's just a config matter for him.

Just a suggestion.
          Last edited by Darkstar; June 8, 2001, 02:56.
          -Darkstar
          (Knight Errant Of Spam)

Comment

Working...
          X