Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FreeCiv when is the next official release?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeCiv when is the next official release?

Well, the last official release of Freeciv was almost a year ago. I just wanted to ask what features we will get in the official release.

I know that Thue's isometric view will be in it. And probably more localization but what about the rest? Improving the city screen? User Interface? etc...

There was a whole wishlist on the freeciv roadmap including support for SFX. I tend to check out the development mailing list from time to time but I haven't heard much about sound support lately.

What's the status on that?
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

There will be a new release when someone thinks they have the time to manage the release .
    There is no demand on which features have to be in the release; it would be perfectly acceptable to release CVS with the feautures it has now. The roadmap is just there as an projection of how we think things will be when we release, not because we follow it.
    Actually I know only 2 small bugs that are in CVS that aren't also in 1.11.4 (while there are loads of known bugs in 1.11.4), so no showstopper bugs are really holding us back. Just the fact that nobody want to take the time to manage a release.
    http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Is there any support for scripts in scenarios? That because I would like to make a scenario of The Lord of the Rings for Freeciv, but without a scripting-tool it is quite useless.
      Oh, I have to say Freeciv is a very nice Linux version of Civ. :-), but the Windows version always exits with a GPF.

------------------
      May Eru Ilúvatar and the Valar be with you!

Comment

BTW: is there proxy-support for the client? Because I'm behind a local proxy, and I can't connect to the servers when I'm plying.

Comment

No, no scripting support (yet!). Is there a description of the scripting support in civ 2 somewhere?

Umm, no proxy support for freeciv. I don't think the concept of proxy support for freeciv makes any sense at all if I understand it correctly...
          http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Yes, it makes sense. My father has a computer with a ISDN connection. I have also a computer in an other room. Between the 2 PC, there lies a 10 Megabit network. My father uses a Wingate (proxy-)server, so I can work on the internet as well. On Windows is there a client, that automatically connects to that server and acts as a real dial-up connection.
            On Linux, however, there is no such client available. So In every program I have to adjust the proxy-settings manually. That works fine, but I can't play Freeciv under Windows wher I have Internet because of the crash, and under Linux the game works fine, but I can't connect to other players, so no multi-playergames for me

------------------

Comment

I don't have much to do with the network layer; try posting the question to freeciv@freeciv.org .

Comment

Working...
              X