Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You don't make this easy for Win users do you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't make this easy for Win users do you?

Let's see, there's something there about GTK which I can never seem to find a copy of, your links are broken, but you point me to binaries that do not seem to run according to the instructions and what not... has anybody actually got this to run on a Win OS outside your development team?

Silly you - the main development team generelly don't use windows; fx I don't even have a copy of it. So we didn't test it . It is one guy who made the windows version.

Just mail any bugs/questions/bad links/outdated webpaged to freeciv@freeciv.org . Or post you questions here; I am sure someone will come along who actually have tried freeciv under windows.
    http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

There is nothing needed for the Windows Native version of Freeciv. And I've written a program in Visual Basic that makes it easy to set up a game and load saved games, etc.... The program allows you to change almost ALL the options of the game. Map size, number of huts, specials, civs, rules, everything. Anyway....it's not a final version but I can send you a copy if you want. It's basically done except for a little GUI refinement. And another bug I can't seem to iron out!! Anyway......

Just post here if you want it and I'll compile it tonight and upload it for you.

Edit: I also have the full Freeciv for windows too if the links are still broken. Maybe I can send it to you over ICQ or something.

------------------
      "I'm too out of shape for a long fight so I'll have to kill you fast"
      "If LESS is MORE, just think of how much MORE, MORE would be!"
      I AM CANADIAN!
      Civfanatics.com Civ 2 Multiplayer Ladder!
      My Civ 2 Scenario Page.
      [This message has been edited by CornMaster (edited January 11, 2001).]
      I AM CANADIAN!
      Gamecatcher: Multiplayer Civ 2 Democracy Game
      CornEmpire Owner/Operator
      Grand Minister: Dominion of the Balance & CornEmpire Software

Comment

Btw, that one guy is working on a completely native windows version.

*mutters something about needing an apolyton news item*
        http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Working...
        X