Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any chance of getting a Macintosh version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any chance of getting a Macintosh version?

I like the idea of Freeciv, but I am not a programmer. Has anyone done a Mac port?

Murgatroyd
    One year at Apolyton with the same username and location!

There is a guy doing some MAC porting, but I don't think he has gotten very far.
    BUT! you can install linux on your MAC, and freeciv will run on that
    http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Thue on 09-02-2000 03:04 PMBUT! you can install linux on your MAC, and freeciv will run on that

How? I am not exactly a computer geek.

Murgatroyd
      One year at Apolyton with the same username and location!

Comment

Hi

The progress of the mac port is a modified version of the server will compile, but has crash problems and initilization problems. I am working on getting it working when I have a chance. At one time I had most of the client in a psudofunctional state, however most of the code is 1.8.1(?) era code, so I'll need to re-evaluate the client code.
        As for Linux instalations, I see 3 options. The first is to install a version of Mac OS X. The second is to install a linux port to the mac (yellow dog linux, others?). The third is to use Virtual PC with Red Hat Linux. I have not used any of the options at this time, so all I'm sugesting are options. However, Macworld says that the Virtual PC option is somewhat slow with graphics.

------------------
        Andy Black
        ----------
        Mac Port manager for Freeciv
        Andy Black

Comment

Working...
        X