No mention of irc... let me fix that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No mention of irc... let me fix that

Freeciv has a irc channel you might like to come to to report problems running freeciv. It is on IRCnet in the channel #freeciv. Feel free to drop in and ask a few questions .

anways..

I would just like to say that now that we have all gotten over the whole Distribution wars.. and Windows port strings... perhaps we could start to see some real suggestions?
    For instance... whether it is a good idea to move to the isometeric view... or Whether the ai needs to be re-done.

p.s. I am not of course saying that this BB is bad
    Come to #freeciv on ircnet to talk.

quote:

Originally posted by Darth_bob on 06-02-2000 02:12 AM
    Freeciv has a irc channel you might like to come to to report problems running freeciv. It is on IRCnet in the channel #freeciv. Feel free to drop in and ask a few questions .

anways..

I would just like to say that now that we have all gotten over the whole Distribution wars.. and Windows port strings... perhaps we could start to see some real suggestions?
    For instance... whether it is a good idea to move to the isometeric view... or Whether the ai needs to be re-done.

p.s. I am not of course saying that this BB is bad

Just isometric view, like in Civilisation 2, is in my opinion not worth the effort. But isometric view with heights, like in Alpha Centauri, would definitely be worth it. A more advanced spherical world model would be even more exciting!

Just make sure that the freeciv protocol remains consistent and well documented. Then everyone can make AI-clients in their favourite programming language. If they prefer C, they can start with the standard Human player client and add AI-capabilities. As soon as one of the AI-clients can compete with the server-AI (wich is cheating), that AI-client should make it into the official Freeciv distribution. And if an AI-client actually beats the cheating server-AI, then that AI-client must be really good.

Comment

For the record: it cheat yes, but not as much as the civ 2 one at all!
      http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Working...
      X