Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a bug i could recreate only in one save game,

can someone give this a try
    warning, if it happens you will lose control of your civ - make an alternate backup save first)

load several tranports,
    move them somewhere they can unload (stacked),
    wait till next turn,
    click on a transport,
    click go to in the orders menu,
    dont click on the map,
    wiggle around a bit then reopen the orders menu and click unload transport

anything bad??

is this good or bad?
    the ai does not seem to station much in the way of troops outside of cities in the early game,
    while the ai is defending cities quite well (4 plus defenders) it is far too easy to get ashore and in amongst his cities,
    NOW
    this behaviour seems to change late in the game with the ai seeming to "patrol" coastlines,
    i assume they're patrolling, i see land units moving back and forth constantly. (patrolling is good)

i always save the initial turn, before moving anything,
    i have gone back a couple of times and restarted from that turn in my current testing,
    the AI civs do something completely different EACH time i restart!!
    this is good!!
    (except the accursed English and their luck on being on a resource rich island - building wonders faster than i can...having to be most selective am i... <- THIS is NOT a bug, this is a challenge!)

just to let you know,
    i am still playing freeciv,
    if i was not having fun i would not be playing,

for a beta version it has far LESS bugs than many release version games that i have often regretted spending hard earned cash aquiring.

freeciv also has features and depth that i am constantly discovering,
    (maybe, one day, i might even read the contents of the doc folder...)

cheers,
    B
    Do not try and patch the bug. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
    What truth?
    There is no bug. There is no bug?
    Then you'll see, that it is not the bug that is patched, it is only yourself.

Comment

Working...
    X