This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeciv 2.0.8 released!

The official Freeciv forums have been down for over a week now, so I though this should be announced somewhere on the web:

Freeciv 2.0.8 is out!

It fixes several outstanding bugs, including the one that caused translated string be corrupted on Windows; improved authentification on Pubserver; airlifting bug; improved localizations etc.

It's also the intermediate version between the venerable 2.0 line and the upcoming 2.1, and have the ability to load save games created with 2.1.

Get it from freeciv.org (that is now back up again )

Pre-compiled packages for Windows and Mac will be made available shortly.
    Last edited by himasaram; March 9, 2006, 22:50.

That sounds good, I will be downloading it as soon as the windows version comes out, and the linux version as soon as I get time, which probably won't be for another couple of weeks

Comment

Actually, one of the developers has already produced an excellent Windows package. I'm running it and it's working great!

For the time being, you can grab it from http://ftpwww.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/

Comment

Oh, and another goodie: the Amplio tileset for 2.0 has been released. With it you can make 2.0 look almost like the upcoming 2.1 version.

Get it here!

Comment

About time! So they finally made a release of Amplio set. I wish they made a mention of that on the main page.
          Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

First beta of the forthcoming 2.1 is up on http://www.freeciv.org/

Meanwhile, work is progressing rapidly on the in-game editor for 2.2.

Comment

Per,

Any chance for a Win executable this weekend? Some guys at the scen league would love to see it in action with the new graphics.
              Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Comment

You can now grab (unofficial) win32 builds of 2.1-beta1 from http://ftpwww.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/

For the SDL package, you'd want to get the SDL theme. See http://www.freeciv.org/index.php/Themes#SDL_part

Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks for the news Hima I wasn´t aware the SDL client was ready for (beta) release as well.

Comment

Well tried both versions on a MAC and windows PC, both are sluggish and takes time to load, but it works pretty good on my Gentoo Linux. But it messes up my compiz fusion setup on my linux, so I have to disable compiz fusion everytime I play, which is a pain since I have to login and logout everytime I start and stop playing. Although "unfree" civ works better, but sometimes the best things in life are free, right? Nah, but I'm still considering buying the real thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X