Still Not PBEM ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Not PBEM ?

Is incredible, PBEM it would be great for freeciv. But "he" dont has it.

I searched in freeciv forums, and there is much people who want that possibility.

Why they don't develop this feature? like vgaplanets, or like civ3.
    La invencibilidad está en uno mismo, la vulnerabilidad en el adversario (El arte de la guerra, SUN TZU)
    Tutorial para el envío de correo automático de Civ 4 -- Mi bLog
    Civ4 -> "Cuando el Rio Suena" (estancada) - "Un Buen Día"
    People's Tactics -> "AAR Transcurso de la partida a tiempo real"

Freeciv has the longturn option (turns that last 24hours, a week or even longer). I find it far easier then PBEM because there's no longer a weak link in the chain. You log in, make your moves, log out wait till the turn period is over and log in again.
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Originally posted by CapTVK
      Freeciv has the longturn option (turns that last 24hours, a week or even longer). I find it far easier then PBEM because there's no longer a weak link in the chain. You log in, make your moves, log out wait till the turn period is over and log in again.
      Yes, but then, i need a computer 24/7, by email i don't need it
      La invencibilidad está en uno mismo, la vulnerabilidad en el adversario (El arte de la guerra, SUN TZU)
      Tutorial para el envío de correo automático de Civ 4 -- Mi bLog
      Civ4 -> "Cuando el Rio Suena" (estancada) - "Un Buen Día"
      People's Tactics -> "AAR Transcurso de la partida a tiempo real"

Comment

Not quite, you don't need your own pc. You need to have access to a server running 24x7.

Hmmm, i see a marketopportunity coming up.
        Last edited by CapTVK; July 14, 2005, 06:56.
        Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Working...
        X