Freeciv MacOSX 1.140 Binary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeciv MacOSX 1.140 Binary

Something of interest for Mac OSX users among us. As the the gentleman says, please test and enjoy...

http://rt.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=9005 >

ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/in...MacOSX.tar.bz2
    this is a 6MB Binary build from fink... which I smacked together for a Lan we had recently, people hate to download fink just to play freeciv. Is it of any interest? What I need is testers, could this archive be added to the download archive? This asumes you don't have fink
    installed, if so it might destroy your fink installation.

I thought this might be a good idea to share, since I have heard about other people who where lost about what to download to play freeciv. Now as I said, uptil this moment I have been present at every install of this so there couldn't be any problems.

This is taken directly from fink so you will have to move the directory to the root, you will also need to install X11 from Apple. And then write /sw/bin/civclient, in the xterm that
    comes up, to start the client.

Howto install and run freeciv:

1. Installing X11 on MacOSX
    * Pick up "Mac OS X Panther Install Disc 3" CD, go to "/Packages" folder and
    install
    "X11.pkg" package.
    * Download from http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/x11/download/ (41.7MB)

2. Installing freeciv
    * extract the archive
    * use the console to move the directory to / "move ./sw /"

3. Start X11
    4. Type /sw/bin/civclient form the xterm that shows up.
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer
Working...
X