Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New game ending idea

Hello everyone,

I have an idea for a new way to win/end the game: the first player with a certain number of cities of at least a certain size would win. Of course this would be configurable for different sizes and numbers of cities. With large city sizes this would be an intersting challange(i.e. getting 4 size 25 cities) and a bit of a smallpox deterent. In my opinion, it is more original than killing everyone else, more intersting than reaching "endyear" and having the highest score, and makes more sense than sending a spaceship to Alpha Centauri. Any thoughts?

I have mostly completed the code to do this, i.e. it works but there are still a few things I want to work on a bit more. If anyone is interested I could post it as a patch.

Wiglek

well i see where you're coming from but it would be a bit boring

i mean people will just build 4 cities in the best spots for growth and sit there for ages

people might find it annoying that they've just ammassed an armada and then some guy with 4 cities wins all of a sudden

but thats just my veiw

Comment

In my opinion, it wouldn't get boring if you played with large enough city sizes. The feature might also be useful for quick non-military games. Of course, you could always yurn it off.

Comment

More way to win game, more strategy you are...

But please give some flexibilty... Number of cities should be a paramter which you can change.
        Last edited by LarryN; May 9, 2004, 09:48.

Comment

This sounds like the Cultural Victory in Civ3.
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
          X