Civserver problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civserver problems

I managed to compile freeciv 1.14.1 under windows(although I had to modify something which gave me headaches in freeciv 1.14.0 also), the "civclient.exe" works fine but when I run "civserver.exe" I can't type anything(I believe this is why I also can't start a new game -- the game locks up.) What is the problem and how can I solve it? What will I lose if I simply overwrite the civserver 1.14.1 with civserver 1.14.0 ??(the game seems to work). Where can I find the changes in version 1.14.1 from 1.14.0 ??
    P. Bogdan

Version 1.14.0 and 1.14.1 are compatible, so you can run games from either on the other. I don't know what the problem is, but you can grab the diff between the two versions using cvs diff. Try eg

cvs co -r S1_14

to pull down the latest 1.14 version, and

cvs diff -u -r R1_14_0

to generate a diff against 1.14.0. IIRC.

Comment

The thing is I don't really understand what these diffs are... I know that patches are made like this but I don't know how to apply one I was asking about what was changed in freeciv 1.14.1(new units, new features etc) and what is new in the civserver.exe (since it has about 4MB in 1.14.1 compared to about 700Kb in 1.14.0). If anyone knows about the error with the server(I can't type anything...) please give me a hand. Also the command(or whatever) for applying patches could also be useful(I have MingW and MSys so it should be the same as a Linux(or Unix) environment... )
      P. Bogdan

Comment

To apply a cvs patch, use this command: "patch -p0 < myfile.diff".

You can find a list of changes between 1.14.0 and 1.14.1 in the NEWS file in the distribution.

Comment

4MB vs 700KB? I think someone forgot to remove the debugging symbols.

Comment

Maybe, but the size doesn't matter... I only wanted to know if there are additions to the civserver(new stuff).
            P. Bogdan

Comment

Working...
            X