Compiling the GTk Client...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compiling the GTk Client...

After looking online, i have yet to figure out how to compile the gtk client on windows... can someone please write an tutorial on how to compile the client and the apps without error.

I know this much...

i need a compiler, mine is included in Dev C++.

A copy of the gtk source & prerequisites, and i have the following versions of the files in source form...

GCC 3.3.2
    Make 3.80
    Pkgconfig 0.15.0
    jpegsrc v6b
    libpng 1.2.5
    tiff 3.6.1
    freetype 2.15
    fontconfig 2.2.0
    libiconv 1.9.1
    gtk+ 2.2.4
    atk 1.2.4
    pango 1.2.5

I also have the sources to compile a complete version of linux... I just have not done it, because i need a striped down version with only the core requirement on the disk...
    like the kernal, gcc, automake, bintools, etc... just the core on a cd so i can compile my own.

I don't know if anybody has ever compiled the Windows client on Windows. The binaries on the site are compiled on Solaris with the GNU tools (gcc, autoconf, etc.) and the Cygwin libraries. It should be easier to use the GNU tools with Cygwin on Windows instead, so you might try that. It's easier to just pick a binary from freeciv.org of course.

Comment

I tried, but it did not work for me because it linked to cygwin1.dll.

Comment

Why is that a problem?

Comment

I want the gtk client, and it did not compile correctly, too many errors in the end.

Comment

why don't you use one of the binaries available from freeciv.org ?

Comment

I am, but I want to learn how to compile gtk for windows...

Comment

in that case you'll have to learn what these error messages mean and how to avoid them ...

Comment

I look at documentation, but their is very little...

I will probobly write documentation for gtk on compiling it for windows.

Comment

Good idea. Compiling on windows is rather hard, unfortunately. A good step by step documentation would help a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Per
                      Good idea. Compiling on windows is rather hard, unfortunately. A good step by step documentation would help a lot!
                      I know how to compile things on linux, but I do want to be an ginnypeg.

Comment

Working...
                      X