I would like to inform you all of a game in development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to inform you all of a game in development

It is called Keewie, it is open source, and is quite similar to Freeciv in some ways. In other ways though it is completely different. We are trying to create a kind of game that has so far never been created, which will represent in detail such things as: Colonization, diplomacy, trade, religion, exploration, war, politics, etc. If you would like to come participate you can visit our forum here: http://www.languish.org/forums/index.php?c=6

We are especially looking for developers and graphics artists, but everyone is welcome to post their ideas.

By the way, for those who are interested our sourceforge project page is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/keewie/
    Help to create Keewie, the open-source EU clone! Project forum here.

I see you are writing it in C++. What books are you using as references? To see if a book is good, go to accu.org and look for it in the book review section.

Edit: BTW - It should go without saying that any book on any topic that was written by Herbert Schildt should be avoided as more lethal than the Black Plague.

Edit2: Link to review of Teach Yourself C++ 3ed by Herbert Schildt
    It's amazing that this moron manages to sell books, considering how much crack he smokes. The excerpt from the book that the review contains is proof that he extremely confused beyond all comprehension when it comes to programming, in any language. Every one of his books has a big red NOT RECOMMENDED next to it for good reason.
    Last edited by geeslaka; September 27, 2003, 00:41.
    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
    XGalaga.

Comment

I'm not a programmer myself, and you may want to ask in the forum. I am just a guy who offers suggestions and helps advertise the project and stuff. I would love to help with programming, but I have to learn how to do it first.

I can tell you we aren't using any books as references, at least not yet. What we are working on now is just the game engine which, if we accomplish our goals, will be able to run scenarios representing any era of human history, all the way from babylon to modern times. The main scenario we will create, though, will be an age of exploration type game from about 1492-1800 or so. If you are familiar with the game Europa Universalis, I can tell you this scenario will be just like that. But we also have plans for a modern day scenario, and maybe a roman scenario, etc. if there is enough interest. Once the engine is complete I plan to get started with scenario editing.

Comment

I can't see any of the messages, at least not without registering.

Comment

Same goes for me. I don't want to register because I don't think I'd be much help because xgalaga is eating all my time.
          American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
          I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
          Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
          XGalaga.

Comment

Sorry guys, you are right. I logged off and I can't read the forums either. I have sent a message to the Admin, and hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Comment

Ok, this has now been fixed.

Comment

Why didn't you just say it was "FreeEU"
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                X