New win32 builds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New win32 builds

This one contains AI diplomacy and some other new features added since last time. Please comment on whether this build is slower/faster than the previous one. Actually, any comment is appreciated.

URL: ftp://upload.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv...iv-1.14.99.exe.

A new SDL build will be posted in this thread later.

Per,

Is it available as a normal zip as well? I can't install it under w98 because I get an error saying that this program must be run on Windows NT.
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

AFAIK, you will not be able to run it under Win98 in any case. Think it requires some NT/XP functionality. I tried making a version that didn't have the NT/XP check - did someone try this version on Win98/95? I have never heard of anyone who made it work, so I assumed nobody did.

Comment

I have also uploaded a new SDL client build as "Freeciv-SDL-1.14.99.exe" in freeciv incoming ftp. Or just use this URL: ftp://upload.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv...iv-1.14.99.exe.

Please report all bugs!

Comment

Re: New win32 builds

Originally posted by Per
          This one contains AI diplomacy and some other new features added since last time. Please comment on whether this build is slower/faster than the previous one. Actually, any comment is appreciated.

URL: ftp://upload.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv...iv-1.14.99.exe.

A new SDL build will be posted in this thread later.
          Hi Per!
          I installed the build (and the runtime inviroment)
          When I executed the client, an error message popped up: "The procedure entry point libiconv_set_relocation_prefix could not be located in the dynamic link library iconv.dll"

specs: xp pro, gtk+ 2.0 runtime
          Still the old version works fine though ;-)
          Nice game

Comment

Try deleting the file iconv.dll in the directory where you installed it, and see if it works then. Let me know either way.

Comment

I deleted it, and now I got to the connection screen (localhost:5555) I press [connect]
              but then it stays, saying (whith the main window lurking in the background) "connection in progress"

.....as I am writing this I try again, and this time it says: "arg list too long".....

well, I hope this info is useful :-)

Comment

by the way,.. The vikings didn't carry the Norwegian flag, they carried the Danish ;-) and, Where IS the Norwegians?

Very nice improvements, tnx
                Last edited by kujahn; September 26, 2003, 03:51.

Comment

It doesn't work in ME.

So, technically, it's a WinNT build, not a Win32

Comment

I had played from startyear until
                    my civserver.exe is closed down (*POP*) when I in civclient shift turn -0750 to +-0750 (mouse click or return that doesnt matter)
                    I tried to open civserver, "load civgame-0750.sav.gz", connect from client, start and replay but the exact same happens, even through 5 retries.

Comment

Hmmm... I don't know what is wrong. You should know that this version is based on most recent CVS, which has at the moment a lot of bugs.

As to vikings: Someone has posted a patch to split Norwegians from Vikings, ie into two nations. Maybe it will happen...

Comment

Originally posted by kujahn
                        I had played from startyear until
                        my civserver.exe is closed down (*POP*) when I in civclient shift turn -0750 to +-0750 (mouse click or return that doesnt matter)
                        I tried to open civserver, "load civgame-0750.sav.gz", connect from client, start and replay but the exact same happens, even through 5 retries.
                        Could you send your save to rt@rt.freeciv.org and report this bug.

Comment

Working...
                        X