Status of 1.15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status of 1.15

What is the status of version 1.15? Is it nearly completed, or not so? If not, what still needs to be done?

I only ask because I am waiting on several modpacks I want to make, but I don't want to post them until freeciv makes the jump to full png graphics with 1.15.

According to the Freeciv roadmap,
    * Generalised topology (different map wrappings, like flat, cylinder and torus)
    * Generalised improvements (make your own improvement rules)
    * Player authentication and client server administration
    * AI Diplomacy
    are wanted for 1.15.0.
    AI diplomacy is already in the CVS, but there are still some bugs.
    Not sure of the status of player authentication or generalised improvenments.
    A search of the freeciv-dev mailing list shows that generalised topology has been discussed but not implemented.

Of those four, only generalised improvements is likely to affect the ruleset format. I suggest starting work on the modpacks now because you don't know how long they will take and it probably won't be hard to upgrade them.
    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
    XGalaga.

Comment

Unoffical date: Chrimas 2003 it's mean my birthday 20'th January ;-)

Comment

The roadmap is rather incomplete, but what is there is mostly correct. There is code for generalised topology, but it is not ready yet. It is coming, maybe in time for 1.15. Generalised effects (previously generalised improvements) is also on its way. Lots of other stuff too, such as new veteran levels (configurable in rulesets) and even more AI improvements.

But while you wait for 1.15, know that 1.14.1 is coming out with a first beta soon! It contains lots of bugfixes (especially important for RedHat users), and also contains teams.

Comment

I've already done most of the work, its just a testing issue. I'm using OS X, and thus am stuck using the xpm graphics for the time being. I don't want to release the gundam mod until I've actually play tested it.

Comment

Working...
          X