Map size limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map size limit

Is there a coded limit on how large a map freeciv can use?

Also:
    Has any testing been done to gauge the AI's ability to cope with very large maps (example: 1024 x 1024), and if so, what was discovered?

Yes, maximum size is 200 x 100, which is pretty big. Never heard anyone complaining about that being too small.

The AI fails to find opponents if they are more than a certain distance away, don't remember the exact distance involved. This is going to be fixed one day.

Comment

I always play by myself and I always set the map size to 200x100. At this size one game normally takes several days. Fastest game I had was 300 turns. 1024x1024 would take several months to complete and the endyear 5000 limit might have to be increased. 200x100 is plenty big enough.
      American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
      I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
      Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
      XGalaga.

Comment

Working...
      X