right-wing-product?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• right-wing-product?

hello, let me first congratulate and thank for producing such a superb and free product,
    but theres a point that diffuse me:
    The Preformed Leadernames
    besides histrorical persons there are a only right-wing personalities.
    For Germany there is Hitler, but nobody of modern germany like Konrad Adenauer, Willy Brandt or Helmuth Kohl.
    For Chile theres Pinochet and Alessandri but not Allende or Eduardo Frei.
    The concentration on right-wings personalities give the game a brown touch that i sharply dislike.

Copy the default data files to a seperate folder, add the non-right-wing names to the nation files, rename the folder to "non-right-wing leader names mod", copy the tilespec file to go with it, put the whole thing in a tarball, and politely ask the people on the freeciv-data mailing list to accept it as a mod-pack.
    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
    XGalaga.

Comment

Anyone who calls Stalin "right-wing" need to brush up on their history.

Comment

Stalin was a part of the communist party of the soviet union.
        But his politic is only tyran-like.
        Churchill or deGaulle cant be called right-wing or tyranical too, but i recognize that there is a overproportional of tyranics and right-wings and such guys, i want more mandelas , or brandt etc.
        i think i will try to edit it by myself and will offering this, like gee. considered

Comment

Re: right-wing-product?

Originally posted by allende
          besides histrorical persons there are a only right-wing personalities.
          For Germany there is Hitler,
          But he was left-wing!!!
          For Germany there is Hitler, but nobody of modern germany like Konrad Adenauer, Willy Brandt or Helmuth Kohl.
          Adenauer and Kohl was (are) right-wing personalities.
          The concentration on right-wings personalities give the game a brown touch that i sharply dislike.
          Do It Your Self!!!
          Probably nobody will have anything against.

Comment

The nation files for Freeciv were contributed by a large number of individuals, few of which were regular Freeciv developers. There is no policy on leader names, and I can assure you there is no right-wing conspiracy. Some of us are actually quite left-wing...

If you want to add more leader names, do as suggested above, and create a patch.

Comment

Freeciv is mostly about conquering the world. Although growing your civilization is also the game. Not sure if Ghandi and Mandela would last long in this type of game.

Comment

Working...
              X