Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can you play with other people or just against yourself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you play with other people or just against yourself?

Is it possible, and if it is, how do you play with outher people?

in my understanding the real fun of Freeciv is only against other human players. You can play with AI but this is no big fun.

MP: find some friends, one starts the server and the other connects to it.

Comment

When you start the client click on the metaserver tab in the connect dialog. Click on update to get a list of all servers on the metaserver. Choose a server and click connect. I suggest choosing a server that says players welcome in the comment column. Chat with the other players for instructions. If you want other people to connect to your server start it with the -m option and it will announce itself on the metaserver. Other people will connect and you can ask them what to set the options to.

Note: I have not actually tried any of this, I just found it in the readme and on the website.
      American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
      I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
      Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
      XGalaga.

Comment

Working...
      X