Coinage with Ancient Modset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coinage with Ancient Modset

Still playing the old version of the ancients modset (can't yet get a copy of the revised version to unpack), and my civilization has recently discovered Coinage. Shouldn't this allow me to select coinage as something to buildup the treasury with gold? You can do this in the standard game, but I haven't yet been able to figure out where/if it can be done with the ancients modset. Is this intentional?

If you could never select coinage, it problem is that every city must always be building something. If the design intent is not to allow savings in ancient times, wouldn't it be better to allow a selection that says build nothing, instead of forcing a player to keep building military units or settlers that aren't needed but consume resources?

There is a way to effectively be building coinage in a city. Tell the city to build some useless improvement, such as Granary. Then, as soon as the useless improvement is done, sell it. This achieves the same effect as building coinage but is more tedious.
    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
    XGalaga.

Comment

Working...
    X