CapTVK's apolyton ruleset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CapTVK's apolyton ruleset

It's been two years since the post I just saw was made, so I assume the project is finished. Problem is, I can't find it on the download page of the freeciv website. Did you name it something other than apolyton? If so, what? Or does it just need updating? I am interested in seeing it.
    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
    XGalaga.

pffffft...... .it's been awhile since I worked on that. That project is finished, in a way.

It turned out that most players are simply not interested in special rulesets. Fans tend to be conservative and stick to the 'tried and tested'-methods.
    The only major ruleset in use are the normal Freeciv ruleset and the Civ2 ruleset. Reflecting on my own experiences with Civ2 and the general community preferences almost everyone stayed with the standard Civ2 rules. The exception are the Civ2 scenarios, for understandable reasons.

Yet, the project had a spinoff because at the time I became aware of Marco Tarini's [b[civ2gfx[/b] Civ2 - Freeciv graphic converter. After some tweaking it was a simple but effective conversion tool for using Civ2 graphics in Freeciv.
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

So... never started counts as finished. I guess that means I can tell my brother that the project I've been woking on with him (which is completely unrelated to freeciv) is finished . But I suspect he would disagree with that definition of finished.
      American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
      I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
      Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
      XGalaga.

Comment

Working...
      X